March: (Junior Year) 2019
April: (Junior Year) 2019
- Meet with the steering committee and discuss project criteria and expectations. Send invitation to parents to see projects at Project Fair and meet (March 7, 2019).
- Review Rutland Senior Project website and options for projects.
- Keep in mind that this is a 6-9 month project. Progress must be shown throughout this time period.
- Project Fair and Senior Project meeting (Monday, March 18, 2019).
- Sign and return Advisor-Student Agreement by April 1, 2019.
- Sign up for a Weebly webpage at Weebly Website Sign Up. This will serve as your Electronic Portfolio (see Requirements page) by April 1, 2019.
- Send your Weebly URL to each member of the steering committee (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Create a senior project Twitter account. Always tweet using hashtag #RSP2020 Create a project specific Tweet by April 1, 2019.
- Send your Twitter account information to the steering committee so they can follow your project progress.
- Start Tweeting! Make sure to take a look at the Requirements page for Twitter expectations! Customize your Twitter page. All Tweets should be project specific!
- Embed your project Twitter feed onto your website as soon as possible! Embed Twitter Feed on Website Directions.
- Choose a site to use as a photo album on your website or use the gallery page option on Weebly.
- Review project expectations and Q&A with steering committee.
Step 2 -
May: (Junior Year) 2019
- Create your Statement of Intent and Committee Proposal on your Weebly webpage by Monday, April 1, 2019.
- Individual meetings will be set up the week of April 8-12, 2019 for project approval. Be prepared to discuss the direction of your project with the steering committee.
- Project meetings - Bring a notebook or iPad to take notes about the suggestions and ideas discussed with the steering committee.
- Secure a mentor and create a Mentor Agreement to agree and meet the requirements of a mentor relationship using Requirements page.
- As a reminder, if anytime during the school year your project progress is not met you will be required to be at school during your Senior Project Study Hall. This will be determined on an individual basis by the steering committee.
- iPads can be checked out for project use during the summer with approval by the steering committee and Mr. Moeller.
June/July/August: (Junior Year) 2019
- Once your project is approved you are responsible for consistent project progress.
- Update your Statement of Intent and Committee Proposal after project approval.
- Project requirements are listed on the page titled "Requirements" as well as each project topic page.
- Create your Timeline on your website. This is where you will frame out your project plans month by month.
- Create your Student-Advisor Agreement and attach completed form to your website. Student Advisor Agreement
- May-August Progress Grading - Due date is the first day of school 2019 Senior Endeavor Summer Obligations Grading Criteria
- Informational meetings and Q&A with Steering Committee monthly.
August: (Senior Year) 2019
- Steering committee advisors are available via email, twitter or phone for project assistance.
- Steering committee advisors will document and collaborate on student project progress.
- Twitter & website project progress checks will be made by the steering committee.
- Progress to the Step by Step (Senior Year) page.